According to a 2015 Iowa Trip Planning Survey (IDED):
- 74.8% of visitors to the traveliowa.com website are interested in Scenic Byways in Iowa.
According to a 2015 Iowa Welcome Center Survey (IDED):
- Average daily spending (entertainment, lodging, transportation, food, shopping) for visitors to Iowa was $276 per day.
- Travelers spent an average of 4 days per trip in Iowa, with primary interest in History, Scenic Byways, and Outdoor Recreation.
In a study conducted by the Iowa Economic Development Authority:
- Domestic traveler spending in Iowa in 2015 was $8.06 billion and generated over $466.7 million in sales tax receipts.
According to the 2012 Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP):
- 56% of Iowans consider “driving for pleasure” as one of the recreational activities they most prefer to participate in.